SC - Almond Milk flan from Scully

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Mon May 29 14:19:05 PDT 2000

Lorix and Bear were discussing the relations among Platina's
cookbook, Martino's cookbook and Epulario, and Bear wrote:

>There are four known existing manuscripts of Martino, so it is possible that
>one could have been found in Florence at the appropriate time.  While I
can't comment on whether the recipes in the Epulario are taken from Martino...

I've seen a late period English translation of Epulario--Falconwood
Press published an edition that was being sold at Pennsic a few years
ago. There were not just recipes, but sequences of recipes that were
the same across all three cookbooks. There was even one typo/scribal
error that was the same across all three: a place where there are a
set of torta (pie) recipes with quantities given, with an ounce of
ginger in one and then a pound (!) of ginger in the next one, which
has got to be a mistake.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook