SC - lavender

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Wed May 31 08:04:04 PDT 2000

Lorix,
I made Cormarye for our Coronation Feast last fall.  The redaction I did is as
follows:

1 heaping tsp. ground caraway seed      1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 heaping tsp. Coriander                        1 tsp salt
½ tsp. Pepper                                         1 Cup red wine (I used
Burgundy)

1 ½ # Pork roast

Use 1/3 to half the sauce as a marinade, and marinate the roast for several
hours, then cook at 325-350 degrees until done (1 hour or so).  Use the pan
juices with the remaining marinade mixture to make a sauce, reducing it to half
its volume.  Serve the roast sliced with the sauce over it.

Notes:

1.  The only modification I have made to this recipe is that I have marinated
the pork overnight in the wine/seasoning mixture.  Pan juices were added to more
of the marinade to make the sauce.  In the interest of serving safe food, we
used fresh marinade for this purpose.

I didn't try to thicken it with anything.  Rather, I reduced the juices +
marinade and reduced them by half.  This created a very nice, flavorful sauce.

I believe that some of the recipes I've seen that used bread crumbs also
suggested straining the finished product to get out things like lumps....you
could have tried something like that, I guess.

Hope this helps!

Kiri