Keep this crap off the list, please RE:SC - Butchering the Human Carcass for Human Consumption

VonGraph vongraph at earthlink.net
Wed May 31 15:06:53 PDT 2000

For any who are interested, I just received the following information
from Paul Buell regarding the impending availability of his book:

"Regarding A Soup for the Qan: I have been in communication with the
publisher and two facts have emerged: 1) 120 copies of the book went off

to the USA in March (20th) and these should now long ago have arrived
and been distributed. 2) information on the Amazon.com and other sites
is wrong. As of a few days ago, Amazon.com did have the book. Barnes and

Noble, obviously not. However, I suspect that most of the initial 120
copies have now been sold since Columbia University Press, the US agent,

informed me some time ago that they had 109 advanced orders. The
publisher is printing more and more copies will go off in various
directions in June (allow about 6 weeks to get them to places like
Amazon.com). I will say nothing as to why so few copies were printed. I
am the last person they consult about anything."

He didn't say whether the price would be back to the original price or
not, so that's still uncertain.  I did receive notification from the
bookseller that had a used copy (strange, as the book hasn't been in
print that long!), indicating that they no longer have the used one and
are sending me a new one instead, for $129 and change, including
postage.  Hopefully this time, I'll really get the book!

Kiri