SC - Past subjects

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Wed May 31 22:22:27 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 1 Jun 00,, that LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> Guinea pig was problematical in that Although it was eaten when the
> Spaniards arrived in the New World and then imported to Italy where it
> quickly gained popularity for a period of time, there are no known recipes
> in existence from that time that I am aware of.

Ras, Ras, Ras... it was only last year that I posted a Spanish recipe for Guinea
Pig (Pastel de conejo de las Indias -- Pastry of Rabbit of
the Indies).  I know you saw it, because you were the one who asked me to
post it.  It's in the Florilegium, in the Exotic-Meats file.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net