SC - My Last Statement About This Or Anything Else.

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Wed May 10 11:11:30 PDT 2000

sheesh!!
If you think I have been screaming at you, I think you are being
oversensitive.
I think you started out with your own chip on your sholder, man.
I have apologized for my (slightly) agressive tone, but if the fact
that some of us choose not to agree with you offends you, go
find your own planet, man, because on this one, we have free will.
I have nothing against your wife, but if she will brook no dissent
either, I think she will not be able to avoid being offended, cause
it sure as shooting is gonna happen!
You should ask Balthazar about our discussions sometime...

If, however, you are interested in scholarly discussions of period
food (and, yes, sometimes _spirited_ debates), hang around,
though.
This place is an absolute wealth of information.

Because of your post, however, I have gone over the messages to
date, just in case I missed something.

All you ever were asked to do is support assertions you have made
on this list.
All your wife was ever asked to do is support assertions she made
on this list.
No flaming occurred to you or your wife.
I'll go over it in case you did not save the posts.

The very first thing you did is declaim whiners about conquering people.

In the very next message you criticized as misguided, and historically
inaccurate one of our oldest members and the single person most
responsible for the drive for "period accuracy" in the SCA today.
You did so offering little to back up your statements.
You were then told that this list was not the right forum for such
"ad hominem" criticisms.
Then you called me "Smug" because I had the audacity to challenge
as yet unsupported claims made by your lady wife.
( BTW... I read the same issue of Discover, I do not recall them
mentioning tomato seeds. In any case, The Mummies are Tocharic, from
Takla Makan, as I recall, and 4000 years old. Before the Incas even
EXISTED, btw...   So making an connection between a
reference to a Turkic ambassador ( say 11th century? ) at an imperial
Chinese ambassador to Ritual sacrifices made 3000 years before,
in from a culture that was not Asian, but Caucasian, required a little
more support, I should think. That ias a rather tenuous link to stand
on it's own.)

I asked her to back up the assertions, and you said I "slapped her down".
I think you both are a little oversensitive.

Believe me, you will know if I "scream" at anyone.
and I hope that if I do start "screaming", I do actually _get_ slappped
down, cause that has no place here.

peace out,
Brandu