SC - My Last Statement About This Or Anything Else.

JVButlerJr at aol.com JVButlerJr at aol.com
Wed May 10 09:49:20 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/10/00 9:39:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
crigby at uswest.net writes:

>  It is RButler96 at aol.com the same person
>  that posted the derogatory comments about HG Cariadoc.

    Correction:  it is JVButlerJr at aol.com who posted the comments about
Cariadoc's area of research, not Cariadoc himself.  And it wasn't
RButler96 at aol.com.  Please read *all* of the message before commenting on it,
and when you point fingers and assign blame, please do so toward the correct
people.

    For the record, I am new to the list.  I've been in the SCA for 10 years,
but only recently joined this list.  I was *hoping* to find a place where I
could pick up some interesting period recipes, maybe share a couple of my
own, and generally learn more about the skill of feastcratting than I already
know.

    Instead, because I make one comment about how a person who concentrates
on the Andalusians might not know everything about the Turks, and make
another comment in defense of my wife, I have found myself in a constant,
ongoing battle about what is or is not period in the first place.

    To say that I am disappointed is an understatement.  I never expected
such resistance to new (and yes... perhaps incorrect...) ideas that challenge
"what everyone knows".  Its enough to drive a person out of the hobby
altogether.

    This list is not worth the aggravation.  I am sorry I ever was stupid
enough to subscribe to it.  I find several of you to be hidebound,
closed-minded, and rude.  Not all of you by any means.  But enough of you.

    So here's my last statement:  I wish all of you well.  Those of you who
have done nothing but scream at me since I arrived, I suggest you seek out a
therapist... or maybe dig your pointy little heads out of your asses.  There
is no need to be so condescendingly right that you must prove others utterly
wrong.

    Hate me if you wish... to tell you the truth your collective opinions
matter not a whit to me.  But don't take it out on my wife.  She is a lovely
person and is quite the talented chef.

    Vaya con dios,
    Suleyman