SC - non-member submission - re - must

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Nov 6 08:39:47 PST 2000

>I've never heard of a "Pilgrim" prohibition against eating any particular
>thing.  But grade school texts are notoriously full of gapping errors.  (Of
>course, if your son's school is anything like my son's school, the teacher
>will through a hissy fit and mark him wrong if he spits back anything other
>than what's in his textbook.)  Could you offer to make a presentation to
>his
>class?
This thread reminds me of my daughter's history class in 12th grade.  They
did a five minute brush over of the hack/slash and pillage Vikings.  WRONG!
My Viking daughter, Morningstar, asked to take over the class later that
week and went in - in persona - with all kinds of documentation and foods
and maps and art.  She wow'd em.  The teacher learned a thing or two too.

Olwen