SC - Trenchers Oh my!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Nov 9 23:33:28 PST 2000

Olwen asked:
> One more question..The Middle Eastern market I go to has unfiltered sour
> grape juice.  Do I have to filter this through coffee filters before using
> (as verejuice)?

I wonder if this would be a closer approximation to "must" rather than
verjuice. Verjuice is from green, unripened grapes, probably from pruning
vines. Might as well use if for something, I guess. But maybe must coming
from ripe grapes would not be sour.

For some more info on verjuice, take a look at this file in the FOOD section
of my files:
verjuice-msg      (54K)  5/24/00    Medieval verjuice. Modern substitutions.
- --
THL  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris                   Austin, Texas                stefan at texas.net