SC - RE Isinglass

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Fri Nov 10 03:11:56 PST 2000

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa said about Weaver's trencher recipe:
> Weaver's re-created recipe calls for a flour mixture of 7 c. spelt
> flour/whole wheat mixed with 8 c. of stone-ground rye. I halved the
> quantities, and mixed 3.5 c. spelt and 4 c. rye. However, I ended up using
> an additional 3 c. rye in order to get a dough that was kneadable (sticky,
> but still kneadable, instead of sticking to everything but itself)

Interesting. That description of sticking to everything but itself is
pretty much what happened when I tried the wafer recipe out of the
same book. It stuck to the different sides of the oiled wafer iron
much better than it did to itself. I wonder if there is a connection.
But the flours are different. I'll have to check this sometime. I
had much better luck with the other wafer recipes I tried.

- --
THL  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net