SC - Okay, that was the shortest event I've been to!/long

Prydwen gryphon at carlsbadnm.com
Sun Nov 12 14:45:36 PST 2000

> Regarding the trenchers, he did bring them along, and they looked and felt a lot
> like large brown hockey pucks.  I suspect it would have been difficult even to
> cut them in half to form a bowl!  I wonder if what Bear is suggesting above
> (slashing around the middle to allow them to expand as they bake) might have
> made them more useable (notice I didn't say edible!).  However, we did feed them
> to the poor upon completion of the meal (our dogs...who thought they were fancy
> dog biscuits!).

I believe we determined that the problem with those particular trenchers
was that they were seriously lacking in leaven (due to the substitution of
beer for the 'thick beer' sourdough starter), which would cause them to
not expand anyway!

Stefen, do you want me to type in the directions for the starter so it can
go into the florilegium?
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker