SC - Haggis shop???

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Tue Nov 14 06:48:14 PST 2000

Ras wrote:

> Again, unless someone tells me EXACTLY how to fix the HTML thing, I cannot do
> it. AOL technicians tell me that the receiving person is the one who has
> control of how they get the message rather than the sender designating how it
> is sent. Those settings should be set at 'Receive in text only' or some such,
> SFAIK. Supposedly AOL's mail program is designed to work with the WEB-like
> components of Windows 2000 now. I really don't know. I don't use MS Outlook,
> MS Mail, Netscape, Internet Explorer or any other outside mail program. There
> are no sending settings within AOL that address the problem that seems to
> have cropped up in the last couple of days. I really am at my wits end as to
> what to do. :-(
>
> Ras

FWIW, Ras, I strongly suspect that this problem began at the same time
you and your lovely lady wife began to use the same account/computer (or
whatever it is you did), whereas I have not changed my mail settings in
years. I use Netscape, but haven't changed the settings in years, as I
say, and have not updated Netscape since a while before this problem
surfaced. It is possible that it is in my power to fix at least my
receipt of problematical e-mail from this end (but I don't know how),
but that doesn't help anybody else, and it's also possible that there's
no solution accessible from AOL's software. But I still think AOL is
ultimately responsible, regardless of their protestations of innocence.

It's just easier to blame somebody else's software, and that is
unfortunately pretty much an industrial standard habit. You should hear
some of the stuff I get from Intuit and my bank, as they argue who's
responsible for my screwed-up online banking. For reasons similar to
those above, I believe Quicken is responsible, but of course they'll
never admit that, because then they would have to find a solution.

Adamantius (whose biggest problem with Ras's e-mail these days, apart
from the 6-point font, is an inability to quote him without cutting and
pasting)
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com