SC - Trenchers Oh my!

Tue Nov 14 07:03:49 PST 2000

>>  Mark Lehner of the Oriental Studies
>>  Institute at the University of Chicago who excavated the bakery at Giza.
>
>   Before someone is 'offended' by my 'free' speech, I have nothing against
>   Edgar Casey adherents but since Casey's work is not scientifically
>   verifiable, I would question the use of a person who is supporting such a
>   claim (or did) who suddenly becomes an expert as an 'acceptably'
> legitimate   researcher.

Well, you don't 'suddenly' become a member of the Oriental Studies
Institute at the University of Chicago. Despite the fact that Elizabeth
Peters used it as a setting for an archaelogical mystery novel, the
Oriental Studies Institute actually has quite high standards for the
quality and legitimacy of its excavators. The National Geographic Society
also tends to do a bit of investigation as to the legitimacy of the people
it funds before it hands them money. :)

I'll check his Social Science Citation Index entries today and get a list
of things he's published.
- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker