SC - [Fwd: Postings]

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 15 08:01:32 PST 2000

To all, as most of you know, I am retiring from 20 years of Naval service
next Monday.  While I fully realize that few, if any, of you will be able or
wish to attend, I would like to take this opportunity to invite you, one and
all.  It will be a full dress military ceremony, with a party the stuph of
which legends are made to follow.  The cermony will be Monday, November 20
at 1000 in the Surface Warfare Officer School Auditorium at the Naval
Station in Newport Rhode Island.  Directions to Pucks Glen, where all will
meet for the before the ceremony are as follows.  Please forgive my use of
bandwidth.

regards, Puck

I will presume that you are coming into the state
> on I-95.  If not, shoot me another e-mail and I will send different
> directions.  As you come north on I-95 take the Route 4 exit (exit 9 I
> believe), onto route 4 east.  Route 4 terminates at route 1 and at the
> terminus you are dumped onto 1 south.  This is good.  :-)  Approx 1000
yards
> from the 1-4 intersection, on the right, will be an on ramp for 138
> east/Newport/Jamestown.  Take 138 east and stay on it.  This will take you
> over the Jamestown bridge, the Newport bridge ($2.00 toll).  As you come
off
> the Newport bridge there will be two exits, the first being to downtown
> Newport, the second (last) being to Middletown/ Portsmouth/ Cape Cod.
Take
> the second (last) exit.  As the off ramp winds around approx 180 degrees,
> stay to the left.  You will come to a stop light in front of the Newport
> Grand Jai-Alai.  At that light, turn left onto Admiral Kalbfuss Blvd.  At
> the next stop light there will be Miantinomi Park on your left, Jehova's
> Witness Church on your right.  Take a left at this light onto Hillside dr.
> Take an immediate right onto Dudley Ave, my house is the fourth or fifth
on
> the left, blue house, #46.  Driving times:  From the Connecticut/Rhode
> Island border, approx 1 hour to route 4.  Route 4, approx 20 minutes.
Route