SC - peach pit documentation

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 17 12:40:37 PST 2000

>Eden - if it comes from the water it's not food

Well, you can send all that lovely non-food to me then, you clearly don't want
those nasty bugs in your house.  <OK, I had to try.>

Brighid wrote:

> As I said in my previous post, Nola only has a recipe for
> blancmange.  Granado has several lobster/crab recipes other than
> that one I previously posted.  By way of summary, they are:
>
> 1. boiled, and served with oil, vinegar, pepper, and salt
>
> 2. boiled, then the meat removed and cooked in a pottage with oil,
> herbs, spices, and non-salty broth of some other fish.
>
> 3. lobster meat cut in pieces, then fried in oil with chopped onions,
> then add water, wine, verjuice, salt, and spices, served with
> chopped herbs and sweet spices
>
> 4. lobster meat cooked in wine or water, chopped, then fried in oil
> or butter, add verjuice and raisins and fish broth, simmer for 1/4
> hour, thicken with egg yolks or ground almonds or grated bread.
>
> 5. meatballs made of lobster meat with some salted eel, spices,
> raisins, sugar, oil or butter, mint, and marjoram.
>
> 6. stuffed - boiled, then the meat is removed and chopped, mixed
> with the ingredients in #5, or with grated cheese, eggs, and herbs.
> Put the mixture back in the shell, then fry or grill until cooked.
>
> If any of those sound promising, let me know.  I don't have any of
> them translated, but I could do one or two, especially if you don't
> mind correct-but-sloppy.

O man, I'm dyin' here.  Lobster and eel, lobster and cheese, I'm getting drool on
the company keyboard.  Sloppy is fine, please go ahead and translate what you
can.  #4 looks like they are cooking the delicate meat an awfully long time?

Suddenly, the notion of a period lobsterfest is on my mind.  Once upon a time, a
couple we knew held a "lobster party" where guests bought and brought their own
live lobsters, the hosts supplied boiling kettles, drawn butter and clam
chowder.  Not too expensive for any one person, and lots of fun, even the lobster
races.

Selene, droolant.