SC - Haggis shop???

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 17 12:36:23 PST 2000

In a message dated 11/16/00 7:04:23 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au writes:

> *sigh*  So now, there were not only "no knives at table", but cooks and
>  servers didn't have them either!   I am surprised that they even cooked the
>  bloody bird ....
>
>  Gwynydd

Wasn't there a site posted not long ago that had period museum pieces of
knives, forks, and the like on display? We should send a little humerous
letter stating we know that they were just trying to take the stance of comic
relief, but we thought they would like to see what the "middle ages" person
really did **eat** with besides their hands....

Maybe it would spark a secondary article for them, or at the very least a
little note back saying no offense was intended.

Just once I'd like to see them say something like, "Long gone are the days
when **Hollywood** represented King Henry VIII as a glutton, ripping the
roasted turkeys apart with his bare hands in his haste to eat...." Because we
all **know** that is what most people base their rendition of the middle ages
upon. Humpf. But we probably shouldn't expect better when most Americans also
all expect huntchbacks named Quasimodo to live in bell towers of gothic
catheradals, too.....

Lars