SC - OT: Black Turkey

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 20 11:53:32 PST 2000

>.  Not too expensive for any one person, and lots of
>fun, even
>the
>lobster
>  races.
>

>We used to do something similar with crawfish. The
>winner of the crawfish races got set free tho. A
>little more expensive to do with a lobster, and no
>where suitable to set a lobster free anyway.We
>ususally had out crawfish boil at a park or a
>campground because  it was easier to clean up. (Just
>roll up the newspaper and throw the shells and trash
>ina dumpster)

I used to have a friend who went to Maine to work on a lobster boat.  He
would come to visit several times a year and always bring a chest full of
lobsters with him.  We'd gather friends then dump the chest on the floor and
chase lobsters all around the house.  The largest, the smallest and the
fastest of the bunch got a ribbons around their necks(?)
and would sit in the tank till it was time to go back home to the ocean.
One time a lobster got under the stove without anyone noticing.  Ugh.  A few
days later it smelled to high heaven!

Thanks for the memory brought back!
Olwen