SC - Feast Report

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 18:40:05 PST 2000

To all who wanted to know:
The surgery is not that big a deal.  This was the second time (in about 7 or 8
years) that I've had it done, and it seems to have helped both times.  I spent 2
days pretty much out of it, and was able to walk without crutches part-time by
the 4th day.  I will be getting stitches out the Monday after Thanksgiving, and
will begin physical therapy then.  The doctor used a "twighlight zone" kind of
drug generally, and a local anathestic for the surgery...I felt nothing and could
not have cared less if I did!  There has been some discomfort since.

I recommend it as a fix for things like torn cartilege, etc.  However, I also
recommend taking Glucosomine with Chondroitin.  I've had more mobility in my
knees since starting it than ever before!

Required food content:  I wonder if there are any foods which help rebuild
cartilege and replace the natural lubricants in joints????

Kiri