SC - Sad News :-( -Important-OP-OT-Long

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 20 19:11:57 PST 2000

I'm not Kiri, but I had to have something similar done this summer.
(Obligatory SCA if not food content--fell at an SCA event coming out of
a shower truck....ever try to explain either "SCA" or "shower truck" to
the nice people at the hospital?) I managed to tear both my medial and
lateral meniscuses (menisci? the cartiliges.....<g>) I had arthroscopic
surgery about a month after the accident, and started physical therapy
that week.  This was in July, and I'm now completely healed and limp
free. I'd really, really recommend it, instead of toughing it out (which
is what I initially tried to do, thinking it was no big deal).  You can
end up with a lot of problems further down the road if you don't get
things taken care of as needed.
- --Maire, learning NOT to be macha (f. of "macho")