SC - Poisonous Tomatoes?

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Nov 27 10:58:27 PST 2000

>I was much more interested in trying to grill the bird in halves, which was
>his other demo.  But, this hot oil thing still has me fascinated.  Has
>anybody
>tried this?
>
>Thanks!
>Magdalena vander Brugghe

Deep fried turkey is delicious!  When we do it at House Blackstar, we do it
outside on one of those ring burners.  They are lower than a stove and it
doesn't take up the whole top of the stove.  As a matter of fact, Chirhart
gave a demo on deep frying a turkey at the Wal Mart and was asked to come
back and do it at that store and other stores.  The Walmart sold all the
ring burners they had and there was tons of turkey for customers to munch.

As for the turkey cut in half, I do that often.  If you do it that way, it
takes about half the cooking time.  In the oven you can place the halves cut
side down over stuffing or potatoes and cook.  On the grill, I foil the
grill and baste the turkey and cook on a lower heat so it doesn't burn or
get dried out.

Olwen