SC - tiny font e-mail info

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Nov 28 17:50:46 PST 2000

- --part1_98.d1244c4.2755b93a_boundary

In a message dated 11/28/00 12:28:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jenne at mail.browser.net writes:

> "In the UK, tomatoes are grown predominantly under glass. This allows the
> season to be extended from February until December with all year round
> production
> being evaluated. Under field conditions, tomatoes can only be cultivated
> between July and October. "

Yes, that is interesting. Perhaps they never researched Wales when writing
their booklet? SFAIK, and according to gardeners and others I spoke to they
are simply not grown outside frames or glass houses in that part of the UK
with any success. During my trip there which involved extensive study of the
gardens that I was able to assess, I personally never saw a tomato growing
outside a glass house.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol

- --part1_98.d1244c4.2755b93a_boundary