SC - Kitchen Authorization

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Wed Nov 29 13:02:45 PST 2000

>So on with my question...
>
>When were Flamingo's introduced to Europe?

I have no idea, but you just sent my minds eye into complete hysterical
gear.

Can you imagine it?  Planet Flamingo!!  Our house specialties include,
Flamingo Tongues, Pickeled Flamingo Feet, Deep Fried Flamingo Hot-Wings
served with Shrimp Sauce.....Relax! Enjoy the Entertainment from our Latin
Flavor Band and Flaminco Rockettes!~....

>I have seen evidence that they were found in Rome...
>
>"Planet Flamingo. In ancient Rome, Flamingo tongues were considered a
>great delicacy. Their existence was
>           threatened by hunters. The Romans made a law making it illegal
>to hunt flamingos but, it failed. "

I was a little disappointed when you just want to use the image on
clothing...
>I am trying to avoid stepping on toes by finding out if I can use the
>bird as part of my characters clothing and perhaps
>crest/arms/whatever...
>

>Obligatory food part... Would a Flamingo steak be white or red meat? And
>would it be high in beta Carotine?

It probably would be dark.