SC - Has anyone every canned persimmons?

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 14:13:17 PST 2000

>  I only
>recently learned that it is possible to get some sort of attaboy after
>taking enough classes in related topics at Atlantian University, so there
>is
>already a mechanism ... Better to
>work within this system, with the token meaning only that you've taken a
>set
>of classes, rather than try to create something mimicing fighter
>authorizations in style and importance.

>Yes but all of us aren't in Atlantia. The type of training available varies
>widely from kingdom to kingdom and local group to local group.

I was fairly active in A&S and Univeristy all 3 years I participated within
Atlantia.  I only learned of the degree within the last few weeks, months
after having moving to Caid.

I have no idea if other Kingdom's Universities lead to any sort of
recognition, but for those that do, an existing framework exists to hang
this cooks education plan on.   Outside Atlantia, regularly scheduled
University courses still provide a time and place. Working within the
existing SCA education systems is  better than trying to create something
new, particularly something mimicing the fighter authorization process.
SCA-University and any resulting recognition is optional, informal and
completely internal, which most of us prefer vs. required training and
required authorizations.

The question of modern food handlers licenses is something else again. Any
eventual need for those will be dictated to us from outside, so working for
or against it is not anything we can do here and now.

Bonne
(Do any other Kingdom's provide an attaboy for University coursework?
Evidently that Atlantia's does isn't a particular incentive to anyone--if
people I knew were actively working toward an Atlantian University Degree
they didn't say so.  I'm thinking if anyone gets a degree, it's more
happenstance than planning. )