SC - OOP - Sweet Potato Kugel

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Fri Nov 3 14:15:34 PST 2000

This is OOP, but delicious and with Thanksgiving coming up I had to share.
Phillipa

SWEET POTATO KUGEL

3 cups mashed sweet potatoes            2/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar                     1/3 cup melted margarine
2 eggs                      1/3 cup flour
1 tsp. vanilla extract              1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup pareve milk
1 stick (1/2 cup) margarine

Mix sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, vanilla, pareve milk, and a stick of
margarine.
Put in a 9 x 13" pan.
Mix brown sugar with melted margarine.
Add flour and pecans to the brown sugar mixture.
Sprinkle on top of kugel.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Note:
Currently, I am down to 2/3 cup of sugar in the kugel. That amount could
decrease further if I can get away with it. I also use only half of the
margarine. Most recently I used light margarine. It was fine. I have also
used light margarine in the topping.