SC - Trenchers Oh my!

Hank steinfeld at tqci.net
Thu Nov 9 20:35:13 PST 2000

Bear,
I did read the posts and knew most of what you indicated already.  Since
they appear to be bread, and there was some indication they were eaten by
the poor as alms, I was curious as to what they tasted like.  I was
surprised and so sent the post to warn others simply because the discussion
was so recent.  In fact, if you look at the last spate of posts, mine was
the one that initiated the discussion this last time.  Do not read more into
my comments than were there, I was passing info which was new to me.  For
those familiar with these things I am sure that this came as no surprise.

Since there is a tacit requirement when doing a feast to present both
interesting fare and palatable food (which means compatible with the western
palate) I expressed a point of information.  I am sure that there are those
who would actually know what to do with a "real" trencher if they were
presented the opportunity, but I fear the vast majority would be mystified
and then would hunt down the cook who served the oversized pucks or small
discus!

Muirghen