SC - Okay, that was the shortest event I've been to!/long

Prydwen gryphon at carlsbadnm.com
Sun Nov 12 14:45:36 PST 2000

Whoo!  Quite an adventure and you are folk of indomitable courage.  I'm
really glad those who got the c-m poisoning are going to be okay.

At 04:28 PM 11/12/2000 -0500, Margali wrote:

>  A lot of people are going to a style of modern tent called an ez-up,
> where teh top is attatched to a frame, and it sort of telescopes and
> expands up in about 2-5 minutes.
>You stake it down thoroughly and add walls, and it can look quite
>period. It is great for going up fast and easy in the dark, and in
>really nasty weather.

Are the ez-up tents the ones with a kind of scissor-like folding frame at
the top?  If so, the ones that I have seen, don't seem to hold up in really
strong, gusty winds.  They sort of turn into metal spaghetti.  Any tent
with flat walls is going to have problems in high winds, though it helps if
you can point a corner into the prevailing wind.

Prydwen
p.s. How was the shopping??