SC - bourreys

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Nov 19 13:24:07 PST 2000

In a message dated 11/19/00 1:52:07 PM Eastern Standard Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< the cartilage in the
 ears doesn;t get especially soft, unless perhaps the rules change after
 boiling them for perhaps 12 hours or something; I've never tried that.  >>

Is it possible that  cooking for , say, 4 hours would reduce the ear to a
gelatinous substance? Could your 12 hr. time have been slightly exxagerated?
I know that the cartilage on the ends of  beef  and other bones such as the
end of a chicken breast often become very gelatinous with no discernable
'crunchyness' after prolonged cooking. . OTOH, less cooking time produces the
results that you  mention.

Ras