Librarians (was Re: SC - Opusculum de Saporibus)

harper at idt.net harper at idt.net
Wed Nov 22 17:17:18 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 22 Nov 00, , that Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> You _should_ be able to find either of these either at, or via, any
> large library. Bear in mind also that librarians _enjoy_ looking for
> obscure stuff; it's often why they became librarians.

> Adamantius

Gee... I became one because of the money and the prestige.  :-)

And since no one is ever likely to pay me for playing Trivial Pursuit
all day, this is the next best thing.

Brighid, who got to spend part of her day explaining to a non-
English-speaking patron *why* the nice police officers were there to
talk to him.  He'd tried to call Costa Rica from the payphone in the
lobby, and accidently dialed 911 instead of the correct country
code...

(Note to non-U.S. listmembers: 911 is the emergency services
number in much of the U.S.  You're only supposed to dial it if
there's a fire, a crime in progess, a serious injury -- stuff like that.)

Ob food content: the apple strudel pie is in the oven, and the cream
cheese is waiting to be turned into pumpkin cheesecake.  And my
lord is out fetching the Chinese take-in.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net