Bubble and Squeak (OOP) Was Re: SC - Boxing Day Recipes?

Erika Thomenius ldygytha at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 19:50:06 PST 2000

>I do know about one version of toad in the hole but understand there are
>several.  The one I know has you pull out the center hole in a >piece of
>bread, put it in a skillet with lots of butter on low, break and egg into
>the hole, fry it up a while, flip it over, fry
>for another while, remove and serve.

Another version is Yorkshire pudding with sausages.. (Place cooked sausages
in a pan, cover with batter and bake.)

>Now.  What is Spotted Dick??
>
>Olwen, who can barely wait to laugh some more...

Spotted dick is a custard/pudding with currants in it.  And as Nanny Ogg
says, I can't see what is in the least bit funny about that name, and if we
keep on about everything like this we'll never get anything done.

:)

(Doing best Beavis impression) heh heh.. heh heh.. he said "spotted dick")