SC - Trenchers Oh my!

Fri Nov 10 14:21:17 PST 2000

The key point is the medieval methods were structured to provide portion
control, reduce wastage and prevent pilferage.  The idea is to follow the
medieval methods rather than to play modern games with the food.  However
the medieval methods introduce a certain structure into the meal which is
not common at SCA feasts.

I'm not interested in portion control other than being certain everyone gets
what the paid for and if I meet break-even, who cares about wastage.  I'm
also not particularly concerned about likes and dislikes, since I prepare
menus with enough variety for most people's tastes.

But the idea of controlling the hall and serving in a period manner to add
to the elegance of a period menu appeals.

Bear