SC - Crown Touney/Queen's Tea

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Nov 11 22:17:11 PST 2000

Cadoc replied to me:
> > Yes, please do. It's an interesting idea. Sugar plate should have been
> > obvious to me, but I can also imagine doing it with a bread dough or
> > marzipan perhaps. I'm also interested in how the coloring was done. My
> > sugarpaste mix is a bright white in color. Just sprinkling that with
> > cinnamon powder, of whatever type, is not going to look like a cinnamon
> > stick.
>
> Simple, use a less refined sugar to make your paste.  It will be more brown
> and it WAS available in period.

Except that I am using the sugarpaste mix that I bought from a place
recommended on this list. It already has the sugar added to it. My idea
was to get some experince using the mix and then perhaps move on to
making my own from the raw ingredients. Unfortunately, the mix has
sat unused now for a year or two. Maybe I'll get to it sometime this
winter or spring.

Thanks for the suggestion if I try it from scratch.

- --
THL  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net