SC - Welsh cookbook

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Tue Nov 28 22:50:30 PST 2000

Olwen asked me:
> > > I bought a frozen duck at the store when I saw them just before
> > > Thanksgiving. I want to try the Welsh salt duck given in the Welsh
> > > cookbook described here previously.

> OK, I don't remember a Welsh cookbook.  Can you please tell me the name and
> where I may find it??

The book I have was originally published as:
"First Catch Your Peacock   A Book Of Welsh Food"
                        by Bobby Freeman

It was later republished as:
"Traditional Food from Wales" (ISBN
0781805279) in 1997 by Hippocrene Books.

I have the second version.

You can find more on this book, and others and some recipes in this
file in the FOOD-BY-REGION section of my files:
fd-Wales-msg      (28K) 12/ 6/99    Food of medieval Wales. Recipes.

Thanks for the hints on cooking my goose :-) if I end up getting one.
- --
THL Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net