SC - Sauces

harper at idt.net harper at idt.net
Sun Nov 12 23:56:01 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 12 Nov 00, , that lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> Wow! Thanks for posting your sauce recipes.

You're welcome.  I was pleased at how they came out.

> I'm roasting pork loin for the Boar Hunt Feast December 10th.
>
> Do you think the Horseradish Sauce would be good for it? I love
> horseradish - i buy the kind that's just horseradish, vinegar and
> salt.

I don't see why not.  It's sweet-and-sour, as well as hot.  Those are
flavors that often go well with pork.

> I know that modernly horseradish is traditionally served with
> beef, but...

I had some on a roast beef sandwich for lunch today.  Very nice.

> Would the Cider Sauce be good with pork?

I haven't tried it on anything other than bread, but pork and duck
are the two meats that I thought it would go well with.  Make some
up and try it.  The cider sauce will keep for weeks, refrigerated.

> Anahita al-shazhiyya

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann