SC - Has anyone every canned persimmons?

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 19:15:25 PST 2000

- --- Diana L Skaggs <upsxdls_osu at ionet.net> wrote:
> At 01:48 PM 11/29/00 -0800, you wrote:
> >Thank you all for your imput.  I was hoping to can
> >them for future use, but I guess not.
> >Huette
>
> Huette, I checked three different canning guides,
> none of them recommended
> canning persimmons, but all suggested freezing as an
> alternative.  When
> last I was gifted with ripe persimmons, I ran them
> through my ricer to
> remove seeds and skins, then measured the resulting
> pulp into 1 cup amounts
> and put it in freezer bags.  Most of the recipes I
> have for persimmons
> called for one cup of pulp.  Let me know if you need
> any recipes.  IIRC, I
> have cookies, bread, pudding, cake and possibly
> others. Leanna

Thank you.  I have recipes for all of the above stuff.
Unfortunately, I have NO freezer space for persimmons.
I have lots of space in my pantry for canned food.
But since it doesn't appear that I can can persimmons,
I guess I will be making cookies, bread, pudding, etc.
and sharing my baking with friends, co-workers and
relatives.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.