SC - > So long as we are making assumptions . . . . . . .

Wed Nov 1 05:16:46 PST 2000

Medievally, laborers were a class which provided services for hire.  They
usually received both coin and food as part of their wages and commonly
worked term of contract deals with their patrons.  They were not necessarily
wealthy, but some did have money.

Bear