SC - Dolmas, apple pie, Chevrolet...

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Wed Oct 4 13:09:13 PDT 2000

- ------=_NextPart_000_006A_01C02E1B.DFF453E0

sniffle....hack.....HARRUMPH!  Okay, so the denizens of Puck's Glenn and =
indeed a siginificant portion of Aquidneck Island is suffering from the =
Creeping Crud.  As a cure-all I am resorting to massive quantities of =
grandma's tried and true tonic...bourbon!  Alas, Milady does not =
appreciate the finer points of German home recipes, so I am making her =
fresh chicken soup.  Waldo also has a friend who is feeling under the =
weather, so he wants me to teach him how to make chicken soup.  Waldo =
lives on Pringles, pop tarts, cheerios and fast food.  You have no idea =
how scary it is trying to teach this man about cooking.  I told him you =
roast chicken bones, boil them for about a day with onions, garlic, =
basil and thyme.  Strain off the broth, chill it, skim the fat and you =
have chicken stock.  To turn this into chicken soup, add to the stock a =
dash of champagne, basil, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, =
one tenth of a pinch of sage, a bit of lemon juice, diced carrots, =
shallots and celery, and of course, chunks of chicken, simmer until all =
is well cooked, about three hours, then chill IN AN OPEN CONTAINER (the =
best chicken soup I ever made went sour by putting it in the fridge =
overnight covered) overnight or so to let everthing meld and, violins!  =
you have chicken soup.  Good for the soul, good for the Creeping Crud =
though science has no idea why.

As I finished pontificating on the proper way to make chicken soup, the =
Big Yaller Dawg snorted ever so disrestpectfully and muttered under his =
breath something that sounded like "What the hell makes you an expert?  =
Oh, and I'm hungry you bastige."  The Little Yaller Dawg stumbled over =
her Big Yaller Ears with her Even Bigger Yaller Paws, and added her =
disbelief to the chorus.  To both of which I replied, "Okay you =
ingrates, lets offer the discussion up to the Cathedral, and what the =
hell do old dawgs and puppies know about chicken soup anyway?"

SOOOOOoooooo.... What's everybody's favorite chicken soup recipe, why, =
and are there period recipes?

regards, sniffle...snuffle...hiccup....Puck

- ------=_NextPart_000_006A_01C02E1B.DFF453E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#b8b8b8>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>sniffle....hack.....HARRUMPH!  =
Okay, so the=20
denizens of Puck's Glenn and indeed a siginificant portion of Aquidneck =
Island=20
is suffering from the Creeping Crud.  As a cure-all I am resorting =
to=20
massive quantities of grandma's tried and true tonic...bourbon!  =
Alas,=20
Milady does not appreciate the finer points of German home recipes, =
so I am=20
making her fresh chicken soup.  Waldo also has a friend who is =
feeling=20
under the weather, so he wants me to teach him how to make chicken =
soup. =20
Waldo lives on Pringles, pop tarts, cheerios and fast food.  You =
have no=20
idea how scary it is trying to teach this man about cooking.  I =
told him=20
you roast chicken bones, boil them for about a day with onions, garlic, =
basil=20
and thyme.  Strain off the broth, chill it, skim the fat and you =
have=20
chicken stock.  To turn this into chicken soup, add to the stock a =
dash of=20
champagne, basil, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, one =
tenth of a=20
pinch of sage, a bit of lemon juice, diced carrots, shallots and celery, =
and of=20
course, chunks of chicken, simmer until all is well cooked, about three =
hours,=20
then chill IN AN OPEN CONTAINER (the best chicken soup I ever made went =
sour by=20
putting it in the fridge overnight covered) overnight or so to let =
everthing=20
meld and, violins!  you have chicken soup.  Good for the soul, =
good=20
for the Creeping Crud though science has no idea why.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As I finished pontificating on the =
proper way to=20
make chicken soup, the Big Yaller Dawg snorted ever so disrestpectfully =
and=20
muttered under his breath something that sounded like "What the hell =
makes you=20
an expert?  Oh, and I'm hungry you bastige."  The Little =
Yaller Dawg=20
stumbled over her Big Yaller Ears with her Even Bigger Yaller Paws, and =
added=20
her disbelief to the chorus.  To both of which I replied, "Okay you =

ingrates, lets offer the discussion up to the Cathedral, and what the =
hell do=20
old dawgs and puppies know about chicken soup anyway?"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>SOOOOOoooooo.... What's everybody's =
favorite=20
chicken soup recipe, why, and are there period recipes?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>regards,=20
sniffle...snuffle...hiccup....Puck</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_006A_01C02E1B.DFF453E0--