SC - date sugar

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed Oct 4 16:57:28 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Philippa Alderton <phlip at morganco.net>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2000 6:34 AM
Subject: Re: SC - Cooking pots (was:Re: Historic Liver recipes)

> Where do you do your shopping?? I lucked out on getting a big copper one
for
> only $20, although I had tp get a hole in the bottom brazed shut (idiots
and
> there "cute" planters !!!!) but the 22" cast iron one cost me $125. Made
the
> deal, and by the time I got back with the money, the other one (more
> expensive and not as nice, IMO) had been sold and carried off.... they
sell
> like nobody's business around here. How big is yours, Ari?

     <grins>  You had to ask, didn't you?  :P  Umm...hang on..lemme measure
the thing....*grabs measuring tape and runs*

     Umm..ok.  It's around 26 inches from edge to edge.  Outer edges that
is.  I had fun curing the thing in the oven...had to take out both shelves
and sit in on a sheet of aluminum foil!  I also have a smaller one that I
use just for water, like for washing dishes with...or to make hot drinks
during Samhain camping trips.

     I shop the sneaky way.  I hit yard sales, antique stores that we know
are Pagan owned, and estate sales.  Once a month we hit the road and stock
up.  A friend of mine, i could have cheerfully bonked him up side the head,
actually confiscated a large planter sized one from someone's front yard!
Me, I either barter, or pay for my things.

     Want me to see if I can find you a nice large one?

         Ari