SC - dates

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 21:16:30 PDT 2000

>  Does anyone have a good recipe for such a dish?
Hi
When we were in germany, one of their more common
salats is very thinly sliced cucumbers that have been
allowed to drain a little, and mixed with sour cream
and flavored with dill and a little pepper. I make it
alot in the summer and it is VERY easy. I hope this is
at least similar to what you are talking about. If you
get really good think sour cream, you have to thin it
down with a little milk.

About the sour cherry soup, as soon as I find the box
with the rest of my cookbooks in it, (still unpacking
after all these weeks) I have a jewish cook book that
if I remember correctly has a sour cherry soup in
it.If youa ren't picky about it being period, I bet I
can find one just by doing a web search. I'll try.
Nisha