SC - sour cherry soup

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 20:56:26 PDT 2000

Hi,
I have not tried this recipe, and since it has
cornstarch in it, it's not completely period, But it's
a start anyway.
Sour cherry soup....(serves 6)

2   16 oz cans of sour red cherries
    1 Tablespoon cornstarch
    1 Cup cold water
    2 Tablespoons white sugar
    1/4 Cup lemon juice
    2 Cups of sour cream

 Drain cherries and put juice in a saucepan
In seperate bowl, mix water and cornstarch, combine
well. Add to cherry juice and heat to boiling. Boil 5
minutes stirring constantly.
 Add sugar and lemon juice. Combine well and chill.
 when cold combine with sour cream and cherries, chill
until very cold.

Like I said, I haven't tried this, but it's somewhere
to start anyway.
Nisha