SC - MEXICAN CHOCOLATE BREAD

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Oct 5 04:05:40 PDT 2000

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Isha ArrowHawk wrote:

> The majority of the event is going to be outdoors.  I will be helping with
> Harper duties, and I have no cloak to keep my old bones warm.  I'll toss on
> old long johns under my garb, but I will still be cold.  *shivers*

Another hint. Warm a rock or few until they reach the "hot potato" stage
(i.e. you can hold them, but not for more than a second or so). Wrap in
some fabric and keep close to your body. According to reports ladies
like to hold them tucked up under the bust[1].

If juggling hot stones sounds dangerous[2] you can go past a backpacking
supply store and purchase a few handwarmers and use them instead. On
winter trips when the cold gets severe I like to keep one in each front
pocket on my pants.

/UlfR

[1] Since there are a Swedish mans name "Sten" and stone in Swedish is
"sten" this can give rise to more or less obvious jokes, ranging from
him being the ladies favourite.

[2] It isn't, we aren't talking red hot or anything like that. I have
slept many nights with a few down by my feet, a couple behind my back
and one or two in front of my chest. No burns, and sound sleep.

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
Allt som inte dödar härdar