SC - OT - Sex sells everything!

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Fri Oct 6 12:31:51 PDT 2000

Interestingly enough, I was just looking at a recipe for
candied anise seeds in Pleyn Delit Second Edition.  I've
never made it before.
#135 in Pleyn Delit
1 c sugar
1/2 c water
6 oz anise seeds (bits of ginger or other spices would also
work)

Boil water and sugar in heavy fry pan 5 mins.  add seeds and
continue to cook until syrup begins to look white.  Set
aside 10 mins. Put back over very low (pref diffused) heat &
stir until sugar softens enough to be poured.  Pour onto
cookie sheet.  Spread with paring knife to separate.  As
they harden you can separate but work fast.  Each seed
should ideally be separate.