Totally OT Re: SC - a question for Adamantius

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Oct 18 03:42:51 PDT 2000

I said:
> > it.  little vegetable pasties would also be good, as would little
miniture
> > quiches,

and Jadwiga replied:
> Um... I know it's catering to modern tastes, but didn't we recently
> discuss to the death the fact that a lot of people won't eat quiche? I
> know the members of the list attributed it to testosterone poisoning, but
> the fact is that in the 80s quiche dishes acquired a bad rap because they
> were touted as 'so easy anyone could make one' and they aren't foolproof:
> bad quiche tastes like packing material.

sorry... I missed that conversation, and I don't know anyone who won't eat
quiche :-)  ...  it's a very popular dish with the folks I socialize with.
of course (not to brag, but), my husband says that he doesn't understand
why I would *ever* order quiche when out to eat because no one does it as
well as I do. (personally, I think that he's just a tad biased... I tend to
make my quiche based on his tastes. <s>)

but I also hope that folks will know their groups' preferences and choose
to serve or not serve quiche based on the groups' personal preferences.

I remain, in service to Meridies,
Lady Celia des L'archier