SC - children in the kitchen

Hoon, Twila HOONTW at libra.unm.edu
Wed Oct 18 22:29:30 PDT 2000

>I just use the plain cotton aprons over a working tunic. And I tend to
>like bare forearms. Less dragging sleeves through the food, less to deal
>with when washing hands or rinsing out a bleach towel, (either wet
>sleeves or repeatedly rolling and unrolling them).
>
>Seumas

I wear a plain peasant t-tunic with 3/4 length sleeves because there wasn't
enough extra fabric to make them longer.  But it's been a good thing for the
reasons Seamas describes.  I wear a standard commercial apron over it with
the strings wrapped around to the front and tied and a towel tucked into
that to wipe my hands on and ready to grab as an impromptu potholder cause I
can never find the silly things the instant I need them. (Like if I needed
to leap into a convection oven to fix the fan.)

Yes, I've worn it into baronial court, with the apron. Ah well.

Bonne

Bonne