SC - Pumpkins and such...

LadyEbonSwan@aol.com LadyEbonSwan at aol.com
Wed Oct 18 22:30:15 PDT 2000

Nanna answered some of my questions about goose fat and said:
> Duck and goose fat is the preferred cooking fat of Southwestern France and
> Hungary, for instance.

Those are two widely spaced regions. Is there any particular simularity to
the cuisine that would make goose fat preferable? Or is it not unique
to those areas and was at one time used in Germany and areas in between
as well? Is there any particular reason southwest France and Hungary
would raise more goose than other places? Or perhaps there is some
reason that the use of goose fat stands out more in those two regions?

Three of the ducks at Motorola kept wandering around the patio area
as I was eating my lunch today. I kept thinking how one would look
and taste real good on my dinner table. These were Big ducks, although
maybe the feathers and all made them look larger. The male had a dark
green, iridescent head and neck. A Mallard?

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net