SC - Lamb Technique and Notes

harper@idt.net harper at idt.net
Sun Oct 22 16:35:40 PDT 2000

>  >I think, despite my questions, I might try this on a couple of
> rabbits,
Phlip

Just think what an impression this would make at a feast, lamb for
> the head table and rabbits for the rest.
> Good luck,
> Valoise

I, too, think this would make quite an impression!  It is an interesting
recipe in that there are so many techniques described, especially
extensive garnishing.  That is something that is usually left very vague,
and so this description, even if she is only describing what she has seen
(or someone else has seen) is very useful.  I also learned that Bleu
Trout is a period dish.  I had no idea it went back that far. (Jellied
Fish - later on in the manuscript).
Christianna