SC - Spicing dishes

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Oct 27 18:14:44 PDT 2000

What I understand from talking to my cousin, who is on the BOB of the
National Museum of Scotland, is that these "cakes" were made from the
"ground meal" carried to which the fat(carried separately),salt and water
were added at cooking time.  Then the "cakes" were patted out  similarly to
how flour tortillas are made.  Then cooked on a flat piece of iron over the
fire.
Lady Katherine McGuire