SC - Where to Get Historic Food Plants and Seeds

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Oct 27 18:09:58 PDT 2000

Llewmike at aol.com wrote:

> I wonder if MSG has the same variable effect as aspartame does to some people
> and as Saccharin has for me? Saccharin is extremely bitter for me.

It's more than a matter of taste- Saccharine is a little bitter, but not
bad. Aspartame is a little bitter but not bad. Difference is that I can
eat saccharine with no ill effects- but if I get more than a mouthful of
anything with aspartame (like the time I grabbed the wrong soda and
chugged it) I will have a full migraine in a matter of minutes. MSG
sufferers tend to get frontal headaches, which are not true migraines
but pretty icky all the same. When you're in pain it really doesn't
matter how or where...

'Lainie