SC - OOP: making up bread

harper@idt.net harper at idt.net
Sun Oct 29 07:23:09 PST 2000

Irmele, among others, shamelessly mocked my tired and
defenseless state of mind when she (and they) wrote:

>  > Tomorrow, we're having a small dinner of apprentices and squires
>  > in a local household.
>Are apprentices and squires tasty?

I *told* you I was tired. :P

But if you're really interested, perhaps these files from
Stefan's Florithingy might help.

For the apprentices, all women, try:

** sugar Sugar and other medieval sweeteners.
** spices Info. on spices, sources for spices.
** indulgences Use of "indulgences" by the Church in period.

And for the squires, all men, perhaps this might do:

** exotic-meats Period and SCA Exotic meats. Swans, ostrich, eels,
peacocks, crawfish.
** snails Eating of snails in period. Recipes.
** dogs Dogs. Barding for dogs.

So there. At least I shared the bread recipe in my delirious
state. Goofballs. All of you. I suppose that's why I hang
around. :)

Iasmin

PS: The bread was wonderful. Good strong crust, but not so
hard you had to saw through it and the loaf was nice and
dense without being brick-like.