SC - > So long as we are making assumptions . . . . . . .

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Oct 30 20:12:11 PST 2000

At 5:13 PM -0800 10/30/00, Huette von Ahrens wrote:

>for the second course.  One suggestion would be
>Rouladen, which while I haven't documented it as a
>period German dish, I have documented it as an English
>dish within period, called Olives of Beef, or Olaves
>of Beef.

Also Italian; there is a version in Platina.

>While apple pie is period,
>it isn't particularly German.

What period recipe were you thinking of? Elizabeth has one that she
has been interpreting as similar to modern apple pie but, as I think
she recently posted, she reread the recipe and noticed that it said
nothing about cutting up the apples.

>Another idea, not particularly period, would be to
>serve vegetarian sausages to those who are
>vegetarians.

There is a recipe for vegetarian sausages in _Manuscrito Anonimo_
(13th c. Andalusian).
- --
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/