SC - Rellenos with beef?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Oct 13 23:35:13 PDT 2000

Cheese is one of the most common fillings, especially in the cheaper priced
places. But I've also seen and had, chilli rellenos filled with beef or chicken.
I have decide though, after a recent meal of a pair of these, one cheese and
one beef, that I definitely prefer them made with a thin walled pepper. They
were big peppers but there was too much pepper taste. Reminded me of eating
a stuffed green pepper, although it was a different type of pepper.

Stefan

> >  I particularly enjoy Los Pericos because the rellenos can be ordered with
> shredded beef rather than ground beef.
> >
> > Bear
>
>         Wait wait!!  Now I'm confused!  I thought Chile Rellenos was large
> mild chiles stuffed with mild cheese, dipped in batter & fried . . . . .
> Have I been gone from Mex country that long???
>
> Caointiarn  (Ca raised, with a taste for CalMex)

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net