SC - pierogys

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Mon Oct 23 08:32:53 PDT 2000

> Does anyone have any documentation regarding this food.  Also, sour krout..
> I would imagine that is also a period cabbage preperation.

Pickled cabbage and 'sour cabbage' appear to be period, as mentioned in
the Domostroi (Russian Household Manual from the tiem of Ivan the
Terrible), so a sour kraut like dish would certain bein the period style.

As for what is modernly called pierogi, You'll have to ask Yana about
that.
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker